Thursday, August 14, 2008

SOME OF MY DRAWINGS






I am sure there are quite a few of you out there that also used to or maybe still do drawings or paintings of monsters/Horror because of your love of the genre. I used to do quite a few when I had more time on my hands. I've decided to show you some of mine which I did nearly 20 years ago. These are all done in pencil and are drawings that I did from photos/stills from horror films. My favorite of the ones above is the one of Christopher lee as Mr.Blake from 'I Monster', this one came out better than my other attempts, possibly because of the better quality paper that I used, all the others were drawn on the same sort of paper that newspapers are printed on. Its been a long time since I did any artwork and its something that I have been meaning to start up again sometime. I sometimes used to do water colour pictures too, I never used the water colours like you normally do with them, I used to use the paint quite thickly. I did one of Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's Monster and one from the film 'Catpeople' (1982). I have always fancied having a go at a painting in the style of the covers of 'Famous Monsters' magazine, like the covers by Basil Gogos, using either oil or acylic paints.


If there is anyone that as any drawings or paintings of Monsters/ Horror and would be willing to show them, then please do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow these ae really good, thats quite a talant you have!

Paul said...

Thank you, thats very kind of you. Wish I had the time to do some more, its been over 10 years since I did any drawings.