Monday, October 18, 2010

'CADBURY'S CURLY WURLY CREEPY WURLY GHOST MOBILE'




I used to love Curly Wurly's when I was child but to my knowledge I don't remember seeing this promotion for a 'Creepy Wurly Ghost Mobile', I wish I did though. I had seen a photo of the wrapper awhile ago on ebay and was hoping to put a bid in or if I did I was outbid. Anyway here is another [better] photo like the one I saw before and here is the actual Ghost Mobile that you could send away for. This is so much better than what I imagined it to be like, the graphics are fantastic and should imagine it would of looked spookily stunning when made up, especially if it glowed in the dark too. There have been some really nice spooky promotional items from the 60's and 70's and I think this is up there with the best of them.




I'd just like to thank Jason who kindly let me use these images here. Please take a look at his wonderful collection of packaging from around the world. Follow this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonliebigstuff/sets/

4 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

That is just super cool. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Cheers!

Niblet said...

I agree that must have been pretty creepy when completed. It looks as if it's luminous on one side only, so I can imagine the mobile being caught by a breeze and the skeleton emerging from the gloom. Yikes!

Paul said...

Glad you like this post and I love that image about the luminous skeleton emerging from the gloom, fantastic, wish I had one to try.

Curly said...

I actually remember saving up my wrappers for this....and I was really excited when the skeleton arrived...it looks just how I remember it!